Saturday 23 May 2020

Silver Co-Pilot

As we get closer to the end of May, we get closer to the beginning of the outdoor Summer activity season.  Generally, the event that would kick off my Summer was always the Saint-Lambert Classic Car show.  Sadly, this year it is but the first of those annual events that ended up being cancelled.  I always love to look at the old cars.  I've become a big fan of the old style hood ornaments.  Something that has disappeared over time.  This happy fellow was found on the hood of a 1973 Cadillac El Dorado.  It's fun to play around with my positioning when I photograph these hood decoration.  Using a small aperture to catch little sunshine stars, and also find a fun location to place my own reflection.  I also like to look for some surrounding colours as they reflect nicely on the ornaments as well.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 52mm and the one just below was taken at f/16, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 58mm.  As with many other things that will be missed, here's to hoping that the cars will be able to roll out again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment