Friday 4 September 2020

Cross Bridge Traffic

There was a nice big moon the other night that made me thinking about some photographs that have been hanging back in the archives.  I had walked up on the bicycle path that crosses the Jacques Cartier Bridge with the aim of getting some light streak photographs.  As an added bonus, the moon was high up in the air that night as well.  Since this year has been about digging photographs out of the archives, I felt that it was  a good time to pull this one.  The photograph was taken at f/22, 15sec, ISO 100 at 32mm.  There were lots of cars turning right on the bridge exit, but I waited for a truck to go by before taking my shot in order to get that extra row of red lights that you see above the others.  Using the small aperture with a long exposure created the nice star effects on the light and on the moon.  Thankfully, there was no traffic that evening.  Light streaks are more fun than motionless automobiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment