Tuesday 22 September 2020

Welcome Autumn

It is easily one of my favourite days of the year, the first day of Autumn.  Or as I prefer to call it, the end of my Summer misery.  It was a particularly hot and humid Summer this year, and I for one am happy to see it go.  As a reward for surviving the sweltering heat, Mother Nature is about to treat us with a wide variety of brilliant colours.  As a little preview of what it is to come, here is a photograph, taken at f/16, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 35mm, that I took while out on a Fall stroll last year with My Lovely Assistant while visiting my parents.  We're not quite at that level of colour just yet, but after looking around my neighbourhood, I can already see some of the changes in the trees.  So, get your sweater or light jacket ready to take in the sights, because though the colours may be great, they don't stick around for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment