Thursday 24 December 2020

Jolly Saint Nick

Though it doesn't really feel like it with everything that is going on, it is Christmas time and all of the good little girls and boys are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Santa Claus.  The Heir Apparent isn't yet of the age where she can share that anticipation, but seeing her leaves me feeling excited about Christmas' to come.  Since her arrival, I see things through different eyes and am reminded of things from my own childhood.  The excitement of Christmas Eve, knowing that in the morning would be so many surprises waiting for us under the tree.  That same knowledge making it almost impossible to sleep.  That promise of gifts to come is a little different this year.  It's not the gifts of the morning after that I looking forward to, but something a little more long term.  The best gift that I, and probably several of you out there, are hoping for is to be able to go back to they way things were very soon.  Like all of you, I miss my friends, I miss my family, I miss my brother and I miss my Mom & Dad.  There has been some positive news over the last few days, and hopefully Jolly Saint Nick can pull off another Christmas miracle and we'll all be able to see each other safely again soon.  This photograph, taken at f/4, 2sec, ISO 100 at 50mm, kind of represents that to me.  I had seen Santa sitting in our tree and he was pointing towards all of the colourful lights and decorations around him.  Times may be tough now, but he is showing the way.  Good times will be coming, Santa will deliver once more.  I hope all of you out there have a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment