Thursday 22 April 2021

Spring And Winter In My Yard

Mother Nature had a little surprise in store for us on Wednesday morning.  The sky opened up and...snow came falling down.  Being a fan of colder weather, a little bit of April snow doesn't really bother me, but it certainly did bother lots of others.  The only thing that possibly disturbed me about this meteorological situation is that it might have harmed my Spring flowers.  Just a few days ago, I mentioned to My Lovely Assistant how cool it was that some of the flowers we bought last year ended up growing on their own in odd places on our lawn.  Much thanks to some industrious insects spreading their pollen I suppose.  They were still there this morning, although with an added coating of snow.  So, why not go outside and lay down on the wet cement to take a photograph of snowy flowers.  Who says that I don't suffer for my art.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/640sec, ISO 400 at 70mm.  I chose to underexpose the photograph in order to get a slower shutter speed to try and catch some of the falling flakes.  I managed to get a few in there, and thanks to Photoshop, was still able to bring out the colour in the flowers.  My pants and jacket were a little wet, but that's the price you sometimes need to pay in order to get your shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment