Saturday 10 April 2021

The Ugandan Giant

Those of you who are fans of the squared circle know that it is once again time for another WrestleMania.  This will be the 37th edition of the show, which only serves to make me feel really old because I remember the promotion for the very first one...and then thinking they were ruining the greatness of that show by running another one the next year.  I guess it's a good thing that 10 year-old me wasn't on the board of directors.  Getting back to The Old Blog, WrestleMania also means that it is time for me to play with my toys a little bit as I pull out one of my wrestling buddies and give them a nice portrait.  This year, we pay homage to a character that had me fearing for Hulk Hogan's life back in the 1980s.  Sadly, the man behind the character, James Harris passed away in August of last year, but his fearsome memory still lives in my mind.  For the photograph, I broke out the old white cardboard to serve as a background and placed Kamala on the kitchen table.  What is the most important thing to remember when photographing toys?  Cleaning off the dust.  There is more dust in my basement then I had thought.  After that, I bounced some flash off of the ceiling for both shots and since Kamala had that large headdress, I figured it would be nice to do a three-quarter-face unmasked shot as well.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 44mm and the second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  To those of you out there watching WrestleMania, hope you enjoy the show and see some interesting characters that you'll remember and blog about 30 year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment