Tuesday 13 April 2021

Not Quite What I Hope For

Sometimes you need to take a chance.  This was one of those evenings where there was thick cloud cover all day, but as the afternoon turned to evening, there began to get some breaks over the horizon.  The kind of situation that sometimes leads to a nice red sky after the sun goes down.  With that in mind, I packed up my camera and headed down to the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  Sadly, things didn't work out as planned.  I did end up getting a red sunset, but it didn't cover as much of the sky as I had hoped.  I underexposed the shot in order to bring out the red of the sky, which also served to blacken out the bridge.  This was probably a good thing as it does a good job of hiding all of the scaffolding under the bridge deck where some repair work was being done.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 800 at 38mm.  I didn't get it this time, but after spending 40 minutes waiting for what little red I got, I felt it needed to get posted to justify sitting out there waiting.  There will certainly be more attempts in the future, the joy of the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment