Wednesday 28 April 2021

Archived Sunset

I've been on a pretty hot streak here on the old blog of late, and as a result, it's been a while since I've had to dig into the archives.  However, as I've been spending lots of time around the Jacques Cartier Bridge lately,  it reminded me of a sunset shot that I took last year, but didn't end up using.  Another version of this photograph did end up getting showcased here, as well as on CTV Montreal.  If you'd like to take a trip in the Wayback Machine, you can visit that photographic update by following this link.   I thought that the photograph might have looked good cut vertically rather than the original horizontal crop.  I had chosen a day when I knew the sun was going to be setting through the superstructure of the bridge, making it look like a caged ball of fire.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Sure, it's kind of a repeat, but at the same time, a little something different.  At the time, I was probably planning to post both versions at the same time, but since the other ended up being featured on the television, I decided to put it up solo.  That's happened a few other times too.  It gives me, and ofcourse you, the loyal visitor, the occasion to look back on some nice memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment