Tuesday 20 April 2021

Lining Up For Bed

I'm pretty sure that such things must happen to other photographer out there, but I often find myself in a situation where I go out with the intention of photographing one thing, and then ending up with something else.  The other night, I headed out to capture the sunset in the trees of a park close to the Head Office.  After getting there, I heard the familiar noise of the pigeons and their fluttering wings.  I looked over to my right and found a group had gathered on a light post, and one by one.  So, plans changed and I got a little closer to the light post and waited for one to make the jump.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/4000sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  As with most sunset photos, I underexposed the image in order to get more colour in the sky and to darken my fine feathered friends. I also tried to position myself so that I had some branches in the bottom of my shot as I though to added a little something more to the photo.  So, what is the lesson to be had?  Keep your eyes open, you may ended up seeing more than you thought you would see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment