Friday 10 September 2021

Big Backyard Flower

The crop of sunflowers this year is rather large.  They are growing in three different spots in our yard and have been photographed from several different sides and angles.  Which means that it is time to put out one of my photographs that I took of last years batch before they fall deep into the archives, perhaps to never be seen again.  This particular flower had not yet been fully stripped by the local bees when I got to it.  There was a nice blue sky which I didn't want to blow out, so I set my camera to properly expose the sun and added a touch of flash in order to out the inside of the flower.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 70mm. I don't always have a healthy relationship with flash, but things turned out pretty good this time.  Now it's time to select which of my sunflower shots I just took won't be published until next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment