Sunday 5 September 2021

Looking To The Sky

Sometimes you get a glorious sunset but there just anything to photograph it with.  Since I have yet to find what I consider to be an equally cool co-star to some of these sunsets, I have taken to just photographing the actual sky and clouds.  I've gotten some pretty nice results over the last little while, but this one was a favourite.  The sun was hidden behind the clouds, giving it an odd shape and also giving the clouds a fluffy, but at the same time grainy, look.  I had mentioned in a previous post how I sometimes like to include a passing airplane into these sunset photographs, but sometimes I end up getting a visitor that I don't even notice until I get home and look at what I've photographed a little closer.  Those with keen eyes may notice the bird in flight that can be spotted on the far left side of the photograph, near the middle of the image.  It's always nice to find one of those little surprises.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  I underexposed the photograph to help bring out some more of the colours.  The bird with it's wings open in full flight was just good old dumb luck.  Some times good old dumb luck can be a photographers best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment