Saturday 30 October 2021

Jack O'Lantern

A little while ago you all met Peter Pumpkinhead.  As we got closer to Halloween, he began to experience some changes.  Much like Dr. Jeckyll became the sinister Mr. Hyde, our good friend Peter became the spooky Jack O'Lantern.  This carved up version of our good friend Peter was handled expertly by My Lovely Assistant, who I will probably try to be nicer with now that I have discovered how talented and precise she is with a knife.  I took the photograph at f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 42mm.  It was lit with one little tea candle from the inside and I then played around with the exposure to make the ghost look much darker and the inside to look much brighter.  My noted habit of leaving things until the last minute meant that I almost blew getting this shot as the pumpkin had begun to weaken due to having been outside in the elements.  In fact, mere seconds after this photograph was taken, then entire ghost section broke off and fell to the table.  Although I guess it is kind of appropriate for a ghost to be on the loose for Halloween.  May your treats be many and your tricks be few on this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment