Thursday 14 October 2021

Path To Nowhere

It was rather foggy in these parts last week, conditions which I am sure would have led to some terrific shots.  Sadly, I was at the Day Job while the rest of the city was blanketed in a rather thick fog.  Since I couldn't get any fresh shots, this provided an opportunity to head into the archives.  Just this January, there was a similarly foggy morning.  I was able that day to get out, and took several photographs of the bridges between Montreal and the South Shore. Feel free to take a moment to refresh your memory by following this link to see them. I also took several other photographs that morning, which sadly got left behind. This moody shot  was taken on the bicycle path that leads to the Samuel-de-Champlain Bridge.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 45mm.  As I was walking the path I took notice of the trees, but I wanted to make sure I got a shot of the bridge first just in case the fog were to lift.  I did some backwards walking on my return until I found an angle that I liked with the bike path trailing off into the fog past the trees.  Bad weather can often lead to nice photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment