Tuesday 5 October 2021

Playing With Fire

Every year around vacation time we try and get away from the big city and spend a few days in a cottage somewhere.  Most of the evenings are spent sitting around a fire that was expertly made by My Lovely Assistant.  As the fire would slowly begin to die, the colours caught my eye and I decided to grab my camera.  The glowing red embers just grabbed my attention right away.  So, I took a deep breathe of cool air and zoomed in on the fire.  I had My Lovely Assistant strike them with a stick to get them nice and bright and then I shot away.  The photograph was taken at 1/5sec, ISO 1000 at 200mm.  I know it's not really smart to play with fire, but it sure was interesting to photograph it.  I've got about three years worth of these flaming photos, so if they prove to be interesting you'll probably see more of them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment