Friday 7 July 2023

Looking For The Right Seed

As previously mentioned, a rained out Canada Day concert led to a visit with the Grandparents.  While there, I took a few moments to try and snap a woodpecker who was enjoying a snack at my Mom's bird feeder.  The feeder is in a well shaded area, so a high ISO needed to be used, which resulted in more noise that I generally like to have in my photos. The high ISO was necessary because I needed to get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze my feathered friend while he was picking the seeds that he deemed to be tasty enough out of the feeder.  My Mom says that I am a little too picky when it comes to my photographs, so, here they are, just for her.  The first photograph was taken at f/9, 1/125sec, ISO 6400 at 200mm as was the second photograph just below.


There you go Mom, your Woodpecker made the page.  Now, if you could discuss matters with your Cardinal so that he might stick his head out for our next visit, it would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment