Saturday 7 October 2023

Warm By The Fire

Though it has been an unusually warm and humid October up to now, I think Autumn has officially arrived.  That is the case up here anyway.  The forecast is calling for a week of rain and the temperature is about 20 degrees Celsius cooler than it was just two days ago.  It's for the best, since October is a good month for a fire.  We used to often have a fire on the weekends around this time of year when I was younger and I would often sit in front and watch, until the heat got the best of me.  That habit continues to this day.  When we're on our annual vacation, there is always a fire for us to sit around once the sun has gone down.  I still stare at it, just now I'm holding a camera when I do.  My favourite time to shoot a fire is near the end.  We have some nice red embers in this shot and you can see the blue of the flame that is going around that burnt piece of wood.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/5sec, ISO 1000 at 175mm.  A tripod was used for this one, otherwise 1/5sec would have left behind a blurry mess.  Someone get me some marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment