Wednesday 6 December 2023

Warming Flame

As the temperatures begin to tumble, some extra sources of heat might be necessary.  When it comes to Winter warmth, there isn't anything more comfortable than a little fire.  We haven't actually had one here yet, but when the wind begins to howl and we begin to see out breathe, The Heir Apparent and I like to turn on the television to the specialty channel that plays a fire during most hours of the day.  We like to pretend that we're sitting next to a real one, feel the warmth and listen to the cracks of the wood.  A fire can also be very photogenic.  Our fireplace at the head office doesn't offer much of a view, but I always snap off a few photographs of the fires we make while on vacation.  With the temperatures due to dip to -22C with the wind over the next 24 hours, I thought it might be a good idea to cuddle around the flame.  This photograph was taken at f/4, 1/60sec, ISO 400 at 140mm and I can still feel it's warmth against my cheeks from when I took it.  Hopefully it will offer you a little bit of warmth against the coming chills as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment