Sunday 21 October 2012

Oh, What A Rush

Went to see Rush at the Bell Center this past Thursday night and as usual, they put on a great show. The only distraction I had from the music happened at the beginning of the second half of the show when the press photographers hit the scene to capture some images for the papers the next day. For two songs, the music served as background noise while my attention was focused on the photographers moving around the floor trying to get the best angles for their pictures. I haven't had the good luck to photograph any big name rock bands, but I did have a great time with the Choeur Vives Voix (http://www.vivesvoix.ca) back in April. This shot came from a musical number during their show. It being a low light situation, I had to pump up the ISO to 1600. Meaning that if you could see a full size blow-up of this image there would be lots of 'grain' in the photo. Luckily, this isn't visible at such a small size and results in a nice little photo. The same applies for newsprint as the noise wouldn't show in a newspaper either. I shot at f/3.2 with an exposure speed of 1/125sec which is near the limit to be able to freeze movement. I had lots of fun at that show and maybe with a little luck, there might be a Rush waiting for me somewhere in my future as well.


"We've taken care of everything
The words you hear the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment