Wednesday 3 October 2012

Diary Of A Photo Exhibit

 That stack of wood that you see in the above picture is the chair in my living room.  Sitting on it is 25 framed 10x15 inch photographs and one 20x7 inch photograph that will be making up my exposition at the Greenfield Park Library.  It took 30minutes just to unwrap the frames, and good four hours to finish framing everything, and 10 seconds afterwards to not want to frame anything again for a good long time.  The stack sat there until a bit before noon when everything was packed into the car.


 Up next, everything was delivered to the Greenfield Park Library, located at 225 Empire.  From there, it took a good hour and a half to do the first 15, which I thought was pretty good time for a guy who isn't known for his manual dexterity.  Things then took a slight turn for the worse as the library ran out of the little plastic hooks that hold up the photos.  The solution?  Hooking everything up using chains.  This took up much more time, as the final 10 photos ended up taking me two and a half hours to hang from the wall.  It was a bit of a pain, but standing back when I was done and seeing all of my photos on the wall put a smile on my face that is still there as I type.
So there it is, the front door with my poster on it.  This is a little voyage that began about four years ago with my first photography courses from Concordia University.  I'd like to think that I've done a good job and I hope that as many people as possible take some time out of their day to come and see my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment