Wednesday 26 September 2012

One Of The Final Cuts

I'm currently in the process of selecting the chosen few photos that will be in my show next week.  October 4th to November 6th, Greenfield Park Library, 225 Empire for those who may have forgotten.  This picture was one of the final cuts.  It was taken during a trip to the Old Port in Montreal.  The photo was taken at 6:29PM and it was actually a little bit darker than the photo appears.  That's because I shot at f/10, ISO 100 for 3 sec.  This combination brightened the sky in the final image, as well as creating the star effect around the lights on the walking bridge.  I really liked the star effects on the lights, as well as the reflection of the red lights on the water.  The photo ultimately didn't make the cut because I felt that the sky was actually a little to bright for my taste.  Still a very nice photo, but there is only so much space on the walls.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment