Wednesday 5 September 2012

It's In The Details


Every year in Saint-Lambert, they hold a Classic Car Exhibition, usually around the 3rd weekend in May.  Everyone at these events seems to always want to grab the odd picture of the cars, which are always parked in such a manner that it makes it difficult to really grab a unique photo.  So, what I like to do, as well as a couple of other photographers I spot each year, is look for the details.  Such as this wonderful hood ornament.  This image was shot with my Canon 24-70mm lens at 51mm.  ISO 100, f/2.8 with an exposure time of 1/1000 sec.  I also did a vertical crop on the photograph, to put a real emphasis on the hood ornament.  Full disclosure, I also like the uncropped version of this photograph as well.  The result is a decoration that really stands out from the blurred out background.  I'm also really fond of this shot as one of the local newspapers used a shot that was very similar to my pre-cropped image as the cover photo for their edition that covered the event.  Now, if only I could learn to take notes about the cars as well as I do with my shots, I might actually remember what car this hood ornament came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment