Monday 10 September 2012

Sometimes You Have To Get Dirty

I went picking apples on Saturday and had two missions in mind.  One, to fill the bag as full as possible with apples, and two, to come home with a photograph that would make me forget the frustrations of Brockville.  I think that both tasks were successfully completed.  The apples were picked at Verger Petit et Fils (http://www.auxvergerspetit.com/) in Mont St. Hilaire.  I spent a good part of my time there looking for a nice, hanging group of apples that I could photograph.  However, I was having problems getting the background effect I was looking for as there were always leaves, branches or other apples in my way.  While you wander through an apple orchard, you quickly realize that there are almost as many apples on the ground as there are in the trees.  It was while I was wandering, that I came upon this apple, all by itself just beside the gravel trail used by the tractors that transported the pickers in and out of the orchard.  It was the forgotten apple.  I got down flat on the grass, used my Canon 24-70mm lens, set at 24mm.  I shot at ISO 100, f/4 for 1/200sec.  The result is the full focus on the apple as the background becomes very much blurred and out of focus.  You get the feeling of how the apple is isolated and very much alone in its environment.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment