Monday 3 September 2012

Early For The Midnight Train

Paid a visit to my parents, and while there, I decided to visit a favorite location of mine.  I've always liked railroad tracks, and this one location just manages to always give off a 'middle of nowhere' feel.  The sun was just the right level to make the leaves on the trees a nice colour of green, and was also at the right level to keep the tracks in the shade.  I shot at f/5.6, 1/50 and ISO 100.  I was using my Canon 24-70mm lens, set at 42mm.  Your eye just follows the tracks to the back of the photo and you can't help but wonder where the trip will lead you.  That would be what we call a 'leading line'.  It's a photography technique in which your eye get attracted to a line, and really brings the viewer into the image.  I think I've accomplished that with this photo, but only you the viewer can know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment