Tuesday 4 September 2012

I Have Fun When The Sun Goes Down

 It should be no secret by now, says the guy with the blog that has been online for only a little more than a week, that my favourite kind of photography is night photography.  The above image isn't the photograph that I was originally out to get the other night.  However, I always keep my eyes open and this opportunity developed in front of me.  I've taken several shot of Montreal before, but I saw this as an opportunity to do some cropping.  I've never really done any, for lack of a better term, panorama cropping before but I knew this photograph would allow me the chance to play.  Above, is the final, cropped image, and below is the original image I took.  Using my Canon 24-70mm lens, I shot at ISO100, f/7.1 with an exposure of 15 sec.  I then cropped the image to 10' x 4' to give it the panorama look.  I still like the look of the original photograph, but the cropped version is, in my opinion, much tighter and more pleasant to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment