Tuesday 23 October 2012

Still Rocking

I've still got some of that Rush concert flowing through my veins and it inspired me to dig through my archives to find this picture I took a few years back of my friend Louie, rocking out on the train tracks.  Louie is a good friend and has been playing the guitar since leaving the womb.  He was in a pretty cool band called Dim back in the 90's and still jams with his currents group of musicians whenever he can.  This photo came about because one of my projects while taking my photography courses was to create a CD booklet.  This picture ended up being used as the back sleeve where all of the album tracks would be listed, thus why I left so much space on the right side of the photo.  Even without the song titles, I really like this photo.  I was trying to capture a Bruce Springsteen/Bob Seeger type of vibe as I had seen several photos of both artists standing by railroad tracks.  To get the image, I shot at f/2 for 1/250sec at ISO 400 as it was getting late in the afternoon and the sun was going down, but I still needed enough speed so that his hands wouldn't blur as he was playing the guitar.  Creating the CD booklet was one of the projects I really enjoyed doing, and I have yet to fulfill my promise of creating a second.  One of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment