Sunday 21 October 2012

Soon, In The Pages Of...

Those of you out there who live in the Saint-Lambert/Greenfield Park/Longueuil area will be seeing this photo in one of your local newspapers in the coming weeks.  It's a photograph I took of the department managers at Provigo Richard Gagnon, located on Victoria Ave. in Saint-Lambert.  I was asked to take the picture and was happy to do so as there is nothing I like more than seeing my name in print listed as a photo credit.  This also served as a lesson in being the 'hired photographer' as I was bound by the creative vision of the boss, thus the grey background and lack of uniforms.  The lesson, one that I have been told several times in the past, 'the customer is always right'.  Once my ego healed, I shot the above picture at ISO 100, f/7.1 at 1/250sec using the Canon 580 EXII as my main source of light.  We also blocked a large window to stop the sunlight from getting into the room and causing all kinds of ugly shadows.  I then cropped the photo to 20"x7" as I was asked to produce a panorama type of image.  Next time I see it will be in the newspaper.

***UPDATE***  The photo will not be appearing in print this week.  I've been asked to shoot another photo this coming Thursday and it will be used instead.  It will be appearing in the special Fall Advertisement section of the Saint-Lambert Journal which I think comes out in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment