Friday 29 August 2014

...And They're Off

Back in July, I posted a huge update with about 20 photographs of Geese taking off from the Chambly Basin.  If you'd like to revisit that post, you can do so by clicking on this link.  This is another photograph taken a little bit later in the day.  I drove to another side of the basin and found another group of geese on the water.  This trio took off together and while I don't feel the need for another 20 photograph bonanza, I did like this shot of the three of them together, each in a different position.  I took this shot at f/5.6, 1/800sec, ISO 100 at 300mm.  I cropped it to 12" x 4" as I felt that the background was kind of dull, and this size gave an illusion of speed to the three of them.  Well, it did for me, I hope it does that for you as well.  I really liked the details in the wings, as well as seeing their little feet splash along the water.  I had fun that morning following the Geese around Chambly, but there's still one more photo from this day to be shown.  We'll get to it one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment