Wednesday 6 August 2014

Great Gig In The Sky

The 2014 L'International des Feux Loto-Québec came to an end this past Saturday night.  I wasn't able to photograph the show as I was at the wedding of two of my friends.  However, I decided to put together a little 'Best of the Rest' post.  I went into the archives and dug out an extra photograph from each of the shows that I saw this year and have posted them here.  For those of you who are curious, the winner of the competition this year was Canada.  You can see the photographs I took of that show by following the link.  I've also attached links to the names of each Country which will lead you directly to the other photographs that I took from that night.  The first photograph was taken during the show by Germany.  It was shot at f/14, 8sec, ISO 100 at 43mm.  Here are the five other shots.

 f/10, 9 sec, ISO 100 at 24mm
 
  Canada
f/16, 5sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 10sec, ISO 100 at 34mm

France cropped to 12"x12"
f/14, 20sec, ISO 100 at 75mm

f/16, 12sec, ISO 100 at 52mm

It was a great competition.  As I previously wrote, Canada was judged to be the winner this year, and from the six shows that I saw, I have to agree with the judges.  Peace will now return to the sky above Montreal, though I can't wait to do this all over again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment