Sunday 24 August 2014

Ontario Daylilies

I think that if you were to do a little informal poll of the things that I have photographed for this page, you'd probably find that fireworks have been seen here more than anything else.  Coming in a close second though, would be Daylilies.  Be they my my Mom's, Belle Mom's, or flowers found in a park, down the street of at La Minerve, Daylilies have been seen an awful lot on this page.  There was a pretty large number of links right there.  I'll give you a moment to go check them out.  I'm done chasing you around the site for the moment, though if you like Daylilies as much as I do, each of those links leads to some rather nice photographs of them, if I may say so myself.  Today's  Daylilies come from a little bit further away than usual.  These come from the town of Coburg, Ontario.  As you may have read over the last few weeks, I was in Coburg for a family gathering back in July and I took these photos while there.  The first three photographs from the front of the hotel where we were staying while the fourth photograph comes from my cousin Robin's backyard.  The first three shots are close-up on the center stems of the flowers, taken with a real nice depth of field to give a nice blur to the bright background colours, while the fourth is a more traditional shot.  The first and second shots are actually just different crops of the same original photograph and where taken at f/5.6, 1/2000sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  Here is the second photograph, followed by the other two photographs.  Hope you enjoy them.

Same settings as above, but without being cropped.

f/2.8, 1/8000sec, ISO 400 at 60mm

f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO 1600 at 70mm


No comments:

Post a Comment