Monday 18 August 2014

Moon Over La Minerve

Back in July, My Lovely Assistant and I had some time ff from our Day Jobs, so we decided to take a little drive up to a cottage owned by her family in La Minerve, a small village a little bit past Mt. Tremblant.  It's nice a peaceful up there.  I was up there last year and had a failed attempt at shooting star trails.  That's kind of how this photograph came about.  I wanted a second attempt at the stars, and rather than last time, I took several 30second photographs which I planned on putting together in Photoshop.  However, I then discovered that my version of Photoshop is so old that it doesn't even have the Layers feature necessary for putting the photos together.  Luckily, I also took the time to take this little shot of the moon.  I liked how bright the moon was, how the trees were silhouetted against the sky, and the reflections of the everything in the water.  You can even see several of the stars I was trying to shoot up in the sky.  This shot was taken at f/7.1, 29sec, ISO 100 at 25mm.  I had hoped to come home with star trails, but I like this photo as well.  Which is for the best since it might take some time for me to save up enough nickles and dimes to afford an updated version of Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment