Sunday 31 August 2014

While His Guitar Gently Sleeps

Way back in March, My Lovely Assistant and I visited the Beatles in Montreal exhibition at the Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History at Pointe-à-Callière.  It was a display dedicated to the one stop the Beatles made in Montreal back on September 8th, 1964.  It was also a look at Montreal life, music and pop culture at the time.  There were all kinds of cool things on display at the show, including albums, all kinds of memorabilia and many of the guitars that were used by The Fab Four.  One that caught me eye was this guitar used by George Harrison.  It was sealed in a glass case, but I really liked the way that the case was reflecting the stars, even multiplying them in some cases.  It's not a perfect show, I really should have framed it a little better so that you wouldn't see the bottom of the display case in the lower right-hand corner of the photograph.  I thought about hiding it with my watermark, but I've never claimed to be a perfectionist. Besides, sometimes it's good to admit your little mistakes as it shows that you're able to learn from them.  While I'm admitting to things, I'd also probably try to get the portrait on George Harrison that you can see along the wall in the back into the shot as well, seeing as how it was his guitar.  This photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/30sec, ISO 1600, -2step exposure at 24mm.  How it didn't get blurred from camera shake is a minor miracle.  Is it the 'perfect' shot?  No, but it's one that I like, and maybe some of you out there will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment