Friday 22 January 2016

Before The Explosions

This is one of those 'extra' photographs that I believe I've mentioned here before.  People who have been visiting here for a while are well aware of the fact that I really enjoy shooting photographs of fireworks displays.  However, to do so, I need to get to the location a fair bit of time before the explosions begin in order to make sure that my camera is properly positioned.  I also take several photographs to make sure that everything is in focus.  Sometimes, these little test shots ended up producing a photograph that I enjoy.  Such is the case with this one.  It was taken before the fireworks display down at the Old Port of Montreal to celebrate the New Year.  In case you've forgotten what those photographs looked like, you can visit them again at this link.  I really liked the different colour lights on the building, the white clouds in the sky and the small lights of the city in the background.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 16sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  I then cropped it to 12" by 4", or what I like to call my 'Wide Screen Cut'.  It helps pass the time a little bit quicker when I take these little shots before the fireworks begin, and sometimes it produces something I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment