Tuesday 5 January 2016

Gummy Christmas Wreath

People still have their Christmas decorations up, so I suppose that means that we are still in the Holiday Season.  So, before it suddenly becomes the month of May and I end up missing my time window, here's a little photograph I took a few days back.  As tasty as candy is to eat, I find that it is almost as fun to photograph.  There are all kinds of bright colours.  In this case, My Lovely Assistant and I were making a trip to Bulk Barn and noticed these cool gummy Christmas wreaths.  I bought some with the idea of photographing one of them.  The rest were bought so we could eat them.  In order to get this photograph, I used a flashlight and put a piece of wax paper over the light.  I then put the gummy wreath over the paper so that it would be lit from underneath, allowing all light to bring out the colour of the candy.  The photograph was shot at f/7.1, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  It was kind of a lucky bonus, but I also really liked the effect that the light had going through the wax paper in the background.  A fun little project you can do inside the house on a cold winter day

No comments:

Post a Comment