Sunday 3 January 2016

Correcting A Mistake

Well, it's often been said that when you try and rush things, you end up screwing something up.  That's what happened to me a few days ago.  I was rushing, trying to get my photographs of the fireworks from New Year's Eve down at the Old Port of Montreal up before the end of January 1st.  I had re-written my little commentary for a third time, and it was nearing midnight.  I pressed the 'Publish' button and didn't even notice that the sixth photograph was not the right one.  I guess we can use this little post to explain the difference.  The photograph on the right is the photograph that got posted, while the photograph on the left is the one that I wanted to post.  What's the difference?  If you notice, the photograph on the right is not really straight.  As I mentioned in the original post, in the middle of the show I went from shooting horizontally to shooting vertically.  I was moving kind of fast and I didn't adjust my tripod in the perfect position.  As a result, I needed to rotate the photographs a little bit afterwards in Photoshop.  3.5 degree clockwise to be exact.  I then had to crop the images a little bit in order to get rid of the white space that was created by the rotation.  First post of the year and first mistake.  Hopefully I'll get better at this as the year goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment