Sunday 10 January 2016

Long Winter's Nap

It's already done?  It has only been a week since I went out for a walk on a snowy day.  Since then, the temperatures have gone up, and the rain we've had over the last two days has made most of that snow slowly disappear.  While on that walk, I ended up going past a cemetery and something caught my eye.  No, it wasn't the beginning of a zombie attack, but rather my attention was grabbed by the colour of the tombstones against the fresh white of the snow.  Thanks to the large snowfall from the week before, I was able to climb up a snowbank and place myself above the fence that was along the road.  The snow continued to be useful a few minutes later as my eye was once again grabbed by the little walking path in the middle of the cemetery. I once again stepped onto the snowbank and tried to frame my photograph so that the cross would be right in the middle of my shot, with the trees lining the path on both sides leading to it.  Most importantly, while I was doing all of this, I was also trying to protect my lens from having any snow fall on it because I hadn't brought a cloth with me to wipe up any wet spots that would have resulted should the snow have made contact with my glass.  The first photograph was taken at f/13, 1/20sec, ISO 100 at 40mm and the second photograph was taken at f/14, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Some people may think of cemetery's as being a little spooky, but in this case I thought that it made for a nice peaceful winter scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment