Wednesday 13 January 2016

Mocha Yule Log

My neighbour just recently took down his Christmas lights and My Lovely Assistant just took down our Christmas decorations the other day so I think that's a pretty safe sign that the Holiday season is coming to an end.  I still have this last bit of holiday cheer to pass along, because when the holidays come back around in December, I'm guessing that I'll have a new batch of dessert photographs like these to share.  Those of you who remember the Chocolate & Pear Yule Log photographs from a few weeks ago should also have your taste buds watering over this tasty offering.  It's a Mocha Yule Log, another of My Lovely Assistant's tasty creations from this past Christmas.  As with the other photographs, I tried to keep things simple with the photographs.  I chose to shoot these from a higher angle than the other set, and I also didn't include the Christmas table decoration, choosing to instead rely just on the serving plate and the kitchen table. I also wanted to make sure that the powdered topping of the yule log was visible because I really liked the little design in the middle.  I also really liked the little texture of the sugar on the cranberries.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 30mm and the second photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 24mm.  As you can tell by the different camera settings, I'm still in my 'Learning How To Use Flash' phase.  It's a phase that has lasted a bit longer than I would have liked, but it's also blending into my 'Learning To Properly Photograph Food' phase.  Hopefully both of them are advancing as well as My Lovely Assistant who has obviously aced the 'How To Create Awesome Desserts' phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment