Sunday 17 April 2016

Spring Preview

The temperature, much to my chagrin, is finally starting to inch up into the double digits which means warmer days are on their way.  While I am no fan of summer days, I do enjoy photographing some of the flowers that need that warmth in order to properly grow and bloom.  As I continue cleaning out my photography folder, I came upon this photograph of my favourite flower to take photographs of.  The Daylily.  Daylillies have  been featured on these pages several times over the years.  This particular one was part of a little bouquet and the way it had been placed had caught my eye.  The sun coming in through the window would strike the stamens of the flower and cast nice shadows on the petals.  It made the pollen stand out as well.  I waited for a sunny afternoon and put a black towel behind the bouquet to serve as a backdrop.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  These flowers usually bloom in the late Spring or early Summer.  So, while most of you are looking forward to the heat that the coming months will bring, I'll be looking forward to the colours of the season instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment