Wednesday 20 April 2016

Strangers On A Bridge

I guess that the title may be a little bit misleading.  The two people in this photograph are obviously not strangers.  This is one of those happy coincidence photographs when you happen to be in the right place at the right time.  This photograph was taken in the Old Port of Montreal one chilly spring afternoon.  I thought that taking a photograph of Marché Bonsecours with this little pedestrian bridge crossing would be cool.  As I was shooting, this couple walked halfway across the bridge and decided to have a tender moment.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/2000sec, ISO 100 at 43mm.  In an ideal situation, one shouldn't really be taking this photograph at f/2.8 as a smaller aperture would be a little more ideal.  When this couple entered the scene, I was experimenting with different apertures.  When they kissed, I was at f/2.8, and the passion didn't last long enough for me to change settings.  I was hoping for a second chance, but I think they spotted me rather quickly afterwards and moved on.  Despite the large aperture, this photograph still came out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment