Tuesday 5 April 2016

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

This past Friday, I accompanied My Lovely Assistant and two of my friends to the Olympic Stadium for a pre-season baseball game between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Boston Red Sox.  I lived my nostalgia moment by returning to the Stadium for the first time since the Expos left last year, so this year I had a bit of a plan.  I wanted to get my camera in so that I could take a shot at capturing a wide-angle shot of the stadium while it was full of people.  Sadly, I had to deal with another camera ban, as "professional camera equipment" was banned from the building. and there was a nice pictograph of a camera on the list of things banned at the security check-point.  In this day and age when everyone has a cellphone with the capacity to take High-Definition videos and top quality photographs, I don't understand why they continue to ban cameras.  In any event, I still managed to get my camera into the stadium thanks, but I was limited in my choice of lens.  I ended up using a 18-55mm lens because even though it is a zoom lens, it was the widest angled lens in my bag that was small enough for me to attempt smuggling in.  I waited until the fifth inning to make sure that the Stadium would be as full as can be, and then made the trek up to the very top of Section 401 to get the photograph you see here.  It was taken at f/8, 1/60sec, ISO 800 at 18mm.  To be perfectly honest, I was a little bit disappointed with the final image because I was hoping to get more of the stands on the left and the right of the stadium into my photograph.  However, when your back is already up against the concrete wall and you can't bring in the equipment that you really want to use, your options are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment