Monday 12 June 2017

Checkered Flag

Yesterday the Formula One Grand Prix made their annual stop in Montreal, and I usually try to stick in a racing themed photograph for the event.  I saw this checkered flag logo from a classic Ford Thunderbird and thought it would make a cool photograph.  Unfortunately, while I was making sure that my framing was good, I failed to notice the reflections of the trees across the parking lot on the hood.  That meant cropping in a little tighter than I had planned, but you can still see the branches in the lower right-hand side of the photograph.  What I liked about the photograph, was actually the little detail of the chipped gold paint on crown portion of the logo.  Just a small thing like that which catches my eye.  I like taking these kind of photographs where I can turn something as simple as a hood ornament and turn it into something that I think would look great hanging on the wall of any car fan out there.  The photograph was taken at f/8, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 38mm.  For those of you who are curious about the results of the race, it was won by Lewis Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment