Thursday 29 June 2017

Photographic Experimentation

Sometimes a little bit of photographic experimentation is called for.  I took these photographs while riding a ferry from the Old Port of Montreal back to Longueuil.  I liked the image of the buildings against the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  However, when I got back I discovered that the images where full of 'dust'.  Sometimes when I feel a little adventurous , I go back to those dusty photographs and play around with them.  With this particular photograph, taken at f/16, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, I cropped it to 12" by 6", used the Curves tool in Photoshop to brighten the sky and darken the buildings and bridge, then used the Colour Balance tool to add some more blue to the highlights and midtones.  I also used the Clone Brush tool to get rid of some of the larger dust spots that still remained and for fun, I also used it to create a few extra small clouds.  All that and voila!  A photograph that would have otherwise been ignored suddenly gets new life and a couple of minutes of fame here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment