Thursday 16 November 2017

Red Sky, Black Buildings

Mother Nature hasn't been as generous with the sunsets this year, so I've had to give her a bit of a helping hand.  I took this photograph of the skyscrapers of Montreal while walking along the bicycle path just off of the Victoria Bridge that leads to Île Notre-Dame.  There was a bit of reddish glow still behind the buildings as the sun had just set, though not quite as much as we see in the photograph.  I used the Levels and Curves tool in order to adjust the colours and contrast, while also adding a little more red to the sky using the Colour Balance tool.  I also cropped the photograph to give it a more panoramic look.  In order to show the differences, here is the original.

The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Just so that you're not overly disappointed, I did purposely underexpose the photograph while I was taking it in order to bring out the most colour possible from what was left from the sunset.  So, while they was some trickery involved, there was a little bit of knowledge involved as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment