Monday 13 November 2017

Turn On The Lights

Those of you out there who live relatively around my part of the world are aware that some lights were installed on the Jacques Cartier Bridge earlier this year as part of the 375th birthday celebrations for the city of Montreal.  Over on my side of the river, some work was also done on the steps that lead up to the walking path that allows pedestrians to cross the bridge.  I noticed it a few days back, and it is a staircase that features several little observation decks that give different views of the city and the bridge.  So, this past Saturday I decided to walk up that staircase and waited for the sun to go down a little bit to photograph some of those new lights from an angle I had never before used.  Sadly, there must have been some kind of bug with the lighting system as everything appeared to be locked in place.  The lights usually move around and change colours, but on this night they remained exactly as they appear in the two photographs here.  The first was taken at f/16, 4sec, ISO 100 at 200mm and the second at f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  This lack of diversity also inspired the title of this little update.  It was kind of chilly with a wind on Saturday evening.  As a result, I would vent a little bit of my frustration by saying 'turn on the lights' in my head, and potentially out loud as well.  There might have been a few more colourful words tossed in there as well, but that's between me and the motorists who were passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment