Thursday 2 November 2017

Under The Bridge

I have this fascination with bridges.  Which is kind of odd because when I was younger, there was nothing I hated more than having to cross one.  Now, I can't stop taking photographs of them.  This is another photograph of the Jacques Cartier Bridge in Montreal.  It was taken from the deck of a ferry that My Lovely Assistant and I took late in the summer to complete a bike ride home.  The sun was beginning to set as our boat was about to go under the bridge, leaving a nice golden glow on the metal frame.  The photograph was taken at f/8, 1/1000sec, ISO 100 at 54mm.  I cheated a little bit by adjusting the colour balance to add a bit of blue to what was an otherwise overcast sky, but the rest is all natural.  The way the light strikes the metal and the curve of the bridge, these are but a few of the things that always grab my attention and keep pulling my eyes back to something I see almost daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment