Friday 15 December 2017

Stairway To Apples

Sometimes when I'm playing around with some of my photographs I like to take a few seconds to see what they would look like as black and whites.  When I first began to take photographs, it was exclusively using black and white film so I will probably always have a little soft spot for those colourless photographs.  After finishing up with this photograph of a ladder up against a tree that I took while out picking apples with My Lovely Assistant this Fall, I thought that it would probably look as nice without all of the colour.  While I usually just press the Grayscale button in Photoshop to get rid of the colour, I also like to use some of the other functions, like Curves, in order to darken or lighten the photograph.  Doing those little steps brings out a little something extra in the photograph and keeps me safe behind the computer instead of being out in the world getting into trouble.  Not that I'm a troublemaker or anything. Wouldn't want my Mom to be getting any bad ideas.  The photograph was taken at f/9, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 24mm and I actually climbed up on one of those things at one point to grab an apple.  See, this is an example of the kind of trouble that I get into, and those of you who are aware of my complete lack of balance should be well aware how much trouble my being on a ladder without adult supervision can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment