Tuesday 20 February 2018

Bedford United Church

Over the last month I had the chance to photograph my Uncle while he gave a couple of lectures to the Women Fellowship of the Bedford United Church.  They were about his experiences using sign language while helping out a group of podiatrists during humanitarian missions in Southeast Asia.  For those of you who would like to revisit those photographs, you can do so by following this link for the first group, and then this one for the second.  The meetings took place at the Bedford United Church and I took a walk outside the building before the second meeting took place.  We've had more snow than usual this Winter so there wasn't really much room to walk around the property and find a good view.  I did have a clear path to walk up to the church tower.  There was a nice cement plaque over the door that listed the dates that both the church and tower had been built that kept grabbing my eye.  The bricks were also a nice colour so I decided to grab a quick photograph.  It was taken at f/7.1, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  It's maybe not the flashiest photograph that I've ever taken , but it's a nice little memento of a good time and a building that has probably seen lots of them over the last 100+ years.  Thanks once again to the Bedford United Church and their Women Fellowship, as well as my Uncle Paul, for allowing me into their meetings to take some photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment