Saturday 10 February 2018

Birthday Treat

My Lovely Assistant recently celebrated a birthday by making herself a tasty Dominoes Cake.  I came home from the Day Job to find this waiting in the fridge.  She was working an Evening Job so I had a few hours to play with her creation before it would quickly disappear.  I tend to feel disappointed with my food photography because I sometimes feel that the food doesn't stand out enough.  To try and better that, I put the white plate on a wood cutting board, and then put that on our wood table.  That put three layers between the Dominoes and the table.  This created, in my eyes anyway, layers of separation to help make the food stand out more.  I took the photograph at f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 30mm and bounced some flash off of the ceiling as an additional light source which helped make the sugar sparklers shine.  I hope the finished product looks as good as it tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment