Tuesday 6 March 2018

Another Blast Of Winter

We're into the month of March so it can be said that we've rounded the final corner of Winter and Spring will soon be upon us.  However, as I have learned over the years, there is always one last storm before the seasons officially change.  With that in mind, here's another photographic blast of Arctic air.  Taken back in January, the ice fog completely covered the St. Lawrence River.  I stood in the snow for a few minutes waiting for a break in the fog so that I could see the structure of the Victoria Bridge.  My timing worked out as the winds picked up a little bit, and let the bridge peak out from behind the fog.  As an added bonus, the clouds cleared out a little bit as well, giving me a nice blue sky.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/1250sec, ISO 100 at 70mm as the temperature outside got even colder with the wind that cleared out the fog and made this photograph possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment