Thursday 15 March 2018

Several Servings

It's time to feature another of My Lovely Assistant's recent cookie creations here on the old blog.  This tasty creation was initially supposed to be one huge cookie, but she decided to break it up into several individual sized portions instead.  Probably a good idea since in its originally planned size, it would have never fit into this jar.  The jar is kind of a key element for me since I always struggle with finding a way to present the things she cooks.  As soon as I saw the jar, I was reminded of a photograph that I took of some candies coming out of a jar that was placed on its side.  It worked for the candy, so I was pretty sure that it would work for the cookies as well.  The idea for the first photograph, taken at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 32mm, was stolen from something that I saw on the internet, but I added my own little touch by placing one of the cookies outside of the jar, leaning against it.  The second photograph, seen below and taken at f/5.6, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 24mm, was the repeat of my candy photograph from a few years back.  Both photographs were taken by bouncing some flash off of the ceiling to get better lighting.  As for the cookie itself, it's a buckwheat and molasses mix, with sunflower seeds, coconut shavings, raisins, walnut pieces and chocolate chips all mixed together.  Tasty and good for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment