Tuesday 13 March 2018

Tasty Boost Of Energy

My Lovely Assistant, as it has well been noted on these pages, enjoys creating in the kitchen.  She recently came home with a new cookbook full of cookie ideas.  When My Lovely Assistant gets to work in the kitchen, it often inspires me to grab my gear and try to get a little creative as well.  Food Photography has always been a subject that mystifies me, though I think that over the past few years I have gotten better at it.  Thankfully, My Lovely Assistant is a whiz in the kitchen, which means that there is often a selection of tasty treats around that I can practice shooting.  It also means lots of snacks as well.  These cookies, called Énergie de fer, were a mix of peanut butter and molasses, with some apple sauce, date puree and some nuts and seeds tossed into the mix.  To make the photograph, I piled a bunch of them together, got out my white background, put the cookies on a little pan holder which was made by my mother and shot everything using a new flash that was given to me by my brother.  As you can see, I kept the whole production in the family.  The photograph was shot at f/8, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 30mm.  There were a few more of these that were created, so expect to see them up here as well as I continue to collect photographs for her first cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment